Thursday, April 22, 2021

Heading South YET AGAIN! (4/23)

Shane started counting down the days the moment he got back from Nana and Pop's last time. He'd give me a running count whenever we did morning chores (and then again sometimes when I got back from work!).

Admittedly, this trip was going to be a special one. Megan and her kids were flying in. It was set to be a Cousin-palooza! Nana and Pop asked if we could meet up on Friday instead of Saturday for maximum family fun time.

Shane plastered himself to the car window when I told him Nana and Pop were pulling up.


Shane can be overly dramatic for fun, but I'm pretty sure that was a genuine reaction! He started waving and telling Carrie and I how much fun he was going to have while they parked.


Everyone greeted each other with big hugs. Nana took off my hat to see if I'd corrected my haircut yet. She'd brought a pair of scissors and offered me $20 for a quick cut!


We moved Shane's stuff and then packed into the van to eat and chat before moving on. It was about 3:25 PM. Technically, I was still on the clock. I had planned on joining a few meetings from my phone on the drive, but I lucked out when the big one was cancelled! It will be better for the students' learning when we go back to 5 days a school per week, but I've enjoyed having the virtual Fridays!


Nana, Pop, and Shane drove off singing "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy," and Carrie and I went on our own way north. We finished up listening to one audio book and then I plopped on the next in the series before we got home (I'd come prepared!).

No comments:

Post a Comment