Thursday, November 4, 2021

It Got Cold!

Wednesday was our first freeze! Or maybe it was Friday? There aren't exactly temperature readings on the photos I take.


There are time stamps, though. These pictures are actually from Friday. There was far more frost, so I led with them.


The first two pictures I took as I was leaving for work around 8 AM. These two I took while waiting with Shane for his bus.


Shane's bus is consistent, so we probably average a 3 minute wait time.


My Wednesday pics don't convey the frost as well.


It's only going to get colder as winter comes nearer.


We turned on the heat for the first time and were treated to a burning smell. The emergency heat kept trying to kick on and we had flashbacks of our sky-high electric bills from before.


The smell did go away, thankfully. It was probably just an accumulation of dust and the heater began to work normally. Unfortunately, there's still at least a 6 degree difference between the house and my bedroom (It was 61° when I woke up today!)


We changed the air filter and all that other good stuff to get ready for winter. Carrie wanted to find a particular company we had check our system, but the blog post I wrote didn't have that info. It gave us a date to check on the bank statements, at least.


And the cold weather brings the added chore of blanketing horses whenever the temperature swings radically. There are nights that can drop to freezing and then days that rebound up to near 70!


Tuesday was the first official blanketing day from the timestamp on the picture. I took it thinking, "Here we go again!"

Here's to hoping we get some snow days this winter! I'll need them to keep sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment