Monday, November 1, 2021

No School Days? Hooray!

Halloween was well timed. There was no school Monday or Tuesday! Shane and I met up with Dylan, Eli, and John to walk to the downtown mall on Monday. The weather was Fall perfect. 


We started our walk at John's dad's house. We didn't stop until we hit the carousel at the Kid's Discovery Museum (Shane and I used to go there all the time).


When we resumed our walk, something caught Shane's eye. He ran over to a store window and yelled, "I want that plant!"


It was a cactus.

I'm not sure how much any of the boys knew about the plant painted on the store window, but John and I shared a look!

We pressed on toward our goal of ice cream. Kilwyn's was closed Monday's, so we went to Chap's.


I sent Carrie home a few pics of the boys and a certain decoration that caught my eye.


Chaps is an old school diner and it probably hasn't updated it's décor since opening.


We ate our ice cream and walked the length of the mall before turning around. We almost did it without incident. Many stores were closed after working the weekend. Shane yelled and ran full speed into a blocked off restaurant seating area at one point. He thought he timed it well to duck under the entry bar, but the loud noise and the panhandlers clapping told a different tale.

We played for a little bit at John's dad's house before moving back to the townhouse for the boys to play a little Roblox. Drive time included, Shane and I stayed out of the house for about five hours. Time well spent if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment