Saturday, November 6, 2021

The End of Soccer Season (Fall 2021)

 Saturday started cold!


The barn and yard wore a blanket of frost.


So Shane and I dressed warmly for soccer!


Today was the last day of the season and a tournament of sorts.


Each team would play the three other teams in 30 minute games.


Our first game was early! I barely had time to help with horse chores before we raced out into the cold!


The first game was the hardest fought. 


And then there was the most time after it before the next game! Shane and I walked to the farmer's market to look around. Then we walked to the gas station to get a water bottle and a breakfast sandwich.

The field had mostly thawed upon our return.


Shane hung out with his friend Peter some in between games


We hung around the field and made an entire morning of it!


Shane's coat came off for Game 2.


He played well all day!


He got Halloween candy in between games 2 and 3.


I figured it'd give him energy for the final game!


Shane ended up out of goal. Cameron wanted to try being goalie again in Game 2 and Shane let him have it for Game 3, too!


Shane played defense, as usual. He did a decent job or running around, but the coach yelled, "Shane, are you okay?" when she mistook Shane's zombie shuffle for an injury (The referee also called, "No growling!" which may have been a first in her career).

When the game was over, there were trophies!


I heard Shane's coach comment about the teams "unstoppable goalie" when she gave Shane his. 


Shane was very proud and came over faster than I could zoom out!


I took some videos and made some notes about scores in my notebook, but weeks later I'm not sure I'm going to upload all of them. The gist of it is this: Shane had a great season. I started to look up futsal, but there's nothing around us. I'll probably sign Shane up for SOCA in spring, because even if the drive is annoying I want to keep him playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment