Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Just Shapes and Beats

Shane got excited about a game I'd never heard of: Just Shapes and Beats. He loved the music and would watch playthroughs (and tell me about them as if it were him playing through the whole game!).


After several months I noticed the game went on sale on Steam. I didn't buy it then, but I put it on my wishlist in case it ever went on sale again. It was a cheap indie game and seemed fine for Shane to play.

Eventually, it did go on sale. I asked Carrie to buy it and put it on Shane's account. He noticed it, but wasn't allowed to play it at first. Then there was one day that he did all of his chores and impressed Carrie, so we 'unlocked it' for him.

It was much harder to play than to watch! Shane got into it and improved, though.


He played the game all the way through to completion, too! Now he plays multiplayer and challenge mode.


Originally, I'd thought about giving it to Shane as a birthday present, but I'm glad it turned out the way it did. He did something good, got rewarded, and has played the game more than enough to feel it was worth the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment