Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Room Redecos

Many days Carrie struggles to find her energy reserves, but other days she surprises me

One day last week, I came home to a rearranged bedroom. 


It felt strange with the bed on the other side, but, then again, I'm used to Carrie throwing me curveballs!


I tried to look up the last time Carrie surprise rearranged all the bedroom furniture when we lived in town, but "Carrie surprise" brought up pages and pages of blog posts that weren't it (She's got a thing about surprises).


The room has continued to progress since the initial surprise. Carrie hung up new curtains and got a new bedspread (on clearance, of course).

Shane's room was more of a mess...


I made him clean it more frequently when I was home more, but it's definitely fallen to the wayside. He wasn't happy when Mom's cleaning inspired me to get him cleaning!


I saved the work for the long weekend. I'd warned Shane all weekend long he needed to clean. When that didn't produce results, I started off Tuesday (we were off) by telling Shane he needed to clear his floor if he wanted the day's surprise (It was seeing the My Hero movie!).  

After several hours of "working," Shane tried to tell me why what he'd done was "good enough." 


I didn't buy it.

There were tears before he cleared the floor and put away clothes to my satisfaction. I didn't have to bring out the trash can (which was one of Nana's favorite threats when I was growing up!).

No comments:

Post a Comment