Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Carrie Heads Out (The Backlog!)

With Carrie going out of town, a lot of the week was getting her and the house ready for her absence. She upped her lunch game, too! Maybe as a "preliminary thank-you?" I'm loving it.


I've been continuing to work with Kila on the front steps. 


She got the hang of it!


Carrie's been working on some tricks with her, too. 


We're all going to miss Carrie, but Kila will be who's affected the most. She'll have to be crated until midday when the sitter comes out to let her for a little.


It's not a lot of time to jump on Loki!


We said our goodbyes before I left for work on Friday. Carrie planned to leave while Shane and I were at school. She and Grandma were going to meet up and ride together (I'm trying to remember if Grandma drove to our house first. She might have, but months later it's hard to recall!).

I had my first 'club day.' I'm running a card games club this year. I wasn't sure how organized I'd need to be. I ended up letting the kids running everything themselves. It's more of a hang out than a club, but if that's what they want to do for half an hour, why not?


I got home before Shane. Kila was desperate to get out as expected. Shane will prevent the house from getting too quiet while Carrie's off 'working.' I plan on putting him to work on some chores to ease my sorrow of her absence, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment