Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Post Down! (The Backlog!)

I was out with the dogs when a package arrived. I signed for it and watched as the delivery van drove straight into our gate's control post.


Whoops. 


The driver was lucky I was the one outside instead of Carrie. She would have flipped! I got his information, called the supervisor, and he said he'd talk to their insurance about getting it replaced. 

Naturally, this happened right before their claims department would be closing for the day, so Carrie was upset that people wouldn't be able to come and go from our farm, etc. 

I moved the sprayer by the post to make sure no one drove over it. I keyed in the code and the gate opened fine, so none of the electronics were hurt. It was just going to be a little annoyance until it was fixed (assuming it was...).


Carrie recommended Jesse to the DHL supervisor as someone who could replace the post. He came over the weekend and sank in a new one without fuss.

BONUS: Carrie "fixed" the gate to help it swing easier. It would sometimes bounce and catch on the ground, but not more!

No comments:

Post a Comment