Saturday, September 3, 2022

Labor Day Weekend (The Backlog!)

We made it through the first full week of school. Monday was a holiday, so we had a three day weekend to recover.

Unlike Eddy's muzzle which will never recover. It's impressive how horses can wear these things out!


We didn't do much more than play catchup on Saturday from what I remember. Sunday, Shane and I went to Tropical Fruit Smoothie after church for lunch.


It helped us fill the time before we went to Dylan's house! The boys played cards.


Carrie loved Exploding Kittens. John had a couple expansions I'd never seen for it.


The other excitement of the weekend flew in unexpectedly.


A bright blue and white parakeet(?) flit around the barn and caught our eyes. It was clearly a runaway pet. Carrie spent much of the week brainstorming ways to catch it.


The bird won't survive the colder weather we have coming in. Frankly, I was surprised a falcon hadn't scooped it up!


Carrie spent all week leaving seed and making slow approaches. Nothing worked.


I saw the bird for a while, but it eventually stopped coming around our place. No idea of it's final fate.

I can tell you the final fate of this wasp's nest. THAT was exciting. I was taking down the old lights and stirred up the lot of them!

Things are plugging along. Maybe I'd write more, but I've been playing more games online at night with Bill. We pop on Discord and talk as we play. Deep Rock Galactic is the main game, but we beat Operation Tango and tried out It Takes Two, as well. It's a fun diversion, but cuts down on blog productivity for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment