Monday, November 4, 2013

Backlog Post 2: Halloween March

Shane's day-care scheduled a costume parade on Halloween at 4:00 PM.

Originally, I was slated to run Guitar Club until it started. My friend from work, Matt, had asked so that he could head home early to get his daughters ready for trick-or-treating. 

I figured that was that.

The plan changed.

Matt thought about it and decided he had plenty of cushion and could cover the club if I wanted to go to Shane's parade. I wasn't sure Shane would care, but I wanted to to try and make it. I suspected the parade was a clever scheme by the day-care to lure parents to pick their children up early, but I also wanted to be there in case it did matter to Shane.

I helped start Guitar Club, slipped out early, and found myself stuck in traffic way earlier than traffic had a right to start.

I took every shortcut I knew and scooted along as fast as I could without hopping medians or killing anyone.

I arrived late and was forced to park a block away. 

I missed Shane's first march through, but there was an encore presentation!


Shane noticed me and he cared. I'm so glad I made it! 

It warmed my heart when Shane ran over to me. I wanted to sweep him up in a hug, but I also wanted to get it all on video so I could show Carrie! 

On a side note, you may notice I was talking to someone off camera while I filmed. As I rushed in, I stumbled across one of my coworkers, Kim, and her husband! It was a happy coincidence to see them in the crowd! Their sons go to the same day-care as Shane. We've had a play date once and I need to arrange another one eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment