Saturday, November 9, 2013

It's a Dog's Life

With the advent of Carrie's part-time job, her interest in a dog has rekindled. She's in full research mode.

The topic: German Shepard rescues.

Carrie knows I'm a dog person and she believes that Shane would benefit from growing up with a pet. Since a high-energy puppy with anxiety issues and two working parents didn't pan out well, she's proposed an older, settled dog in need of a permanent home to fit the bill. German Shepards are a breed Carrie has always respected (and almost owned before she knew me), so there're the first place she started looking.

We haven't agreed on anything other than "there's no harm in researching" at this point.

I don't know where all this is going yet. I bond hard and fast with dogs and Carrie knows that I'm not willing to start and stop again. She's still snooping around, though. I think that marks her as cognizant and serious.

I will say that my wife, and rescue organizations, move quick. Carrie filled out one application and the next day I got a text from Igor saying, "Glad to be a reference for you!"

Someone is coming over for a home visit today.

It helps that Carrie went on a cleaning rampage since 5 AM this morning. We didn't even know about the visit then, but Carrie has been a whirlwind. She reassembled the old office/Shane's bedroom into a new guest bedroom, scrubbed out all the bathrooms, vaccuumed, and cycled through loads of laundry. Go, Carrie!

The visit is scheduled for three, so Shane should be up from his nap. It'll be fun to see how he reacts to the interviewer's Shepard running around.

1 comment:

  1. Any chance of finding an older dog rescue that doesn't shed? It drove me crazy how Baby shed so much and I suspect the shephards might shed a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete