Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Home Alone

Carrie is in Indianapolis for training. Shane is spending the night at my parents and set to visit Carrie's parents on the morrow. The dog isn't here yet and I'm....

Home Alone!


You'd think I'd be on vacation, but it's a bit lonely. In my head I'm more independent, but in reality it turns out I'm quite the family man. I miss them already. I get a lot of my energy and joy from my wife and child. I don't even watch TV unless Carrie is around to watch it with.

I would have gone over to my parents to visit and see Shane tonight, but I went home to meet the water damage restoration people at 4:30 PM. I proceeded to sit around downstairs for the next three hours. The fans were so loud I didn't want to leave the door area in case they came and I didn't hear.

Thankfully, they did come at 7:30 PM. All of the fans are gone. The basement was proclaimed "dry!" and the next step is to contact a contractor.

That's for tomorrow. I've spent enough time on the phone today between family and insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment