Friday, March 19, 2021

Date Night!

Carrie bought a bottle of wine for our Shane-free week.

I put it in the freezer to chill it.

It froze.

There were some further complications when it thawed...


Can you tell we're not really wine people?

I did like the flavor...usually. The barest sip tasted like melodic gold. Any more than that and the alcohol came through (blech!). Certainly helped with pacing. It took me a whole week with a glass a day to sip.

Friday night was the big date night. Carrie bought tickets to the Blues Brothers at the Alamo Drafthouse. Neither of us had ever seen it.


I did see a funny license plate on the way in. 


"I guess they have a sexy limp?" I said.

"I hope those are initials!" Carrie replied.

Carrier dressed me up for the occasion. The showing was at 7:30 PM, so we left after horse chores.


There were maybe 10 people in the theater with us. It was a lot of fun getting out and about.


The drive home was a little rough. It was after 10 PM and we're not the night owls we used to be! Loki was beside himself that we left him alone.

I'll pick up Shane over the weekend, so I don't know when our next date night will be. Since the trip went well, Carrie may decide to take Shane out to see a movie at some point in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment