Friday, March 5, 2021

What I Get From the Internet

I don't post on social media, but I download a bunch of memes. Aside from news about family and friends, memes are probably the main reason I use Facebook at all.

I'm a big fan of word play.


And punctuation play, too!


Sometimes there's something I find artistic.


Or creative.


Fun shenanigans from the real world are fun.


As are things that look at things from a different angle.


Life can be stranger than fiction posts are fun, too. Who'd expected the Interstates to look like this in Texas? (If that's where this pic is truly from as advertised!) 


I like references to things that made an impression during my childhood.
Or from later on in my life.


Especially if I know Carrie is a fan.


Or if it's something I want to put on our spousal bucket list.


Sometimes the references I send Carrie are things we watched together (Harry Potter and Avatar). Other times they're something I know we both enjoyed before we met.


Robinhood Men in Tights is special because it includes Cary Elwes from The Princess Bride.

I like when I find a joke I can parallel to my own life and still make a reference.


Or a joke that's basically something I've thought myself.


Which includes the occasional board game reference.


There's the occasional thought-provoking idea.


And I like Bible verses...


...historical quotes...


...and inspirational sayings.


I don't normally ready poetry, but it's impressive what can be packed into a small picture.


And while that was wholesome, some of the memes I save may have more of an edge....


Most of it's just downright silly, a reference, a play on words.....or maybe all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment