Monday, March 22, 2021

Masking Up

Masks weren't a big deal to me until I had to wear one all day long. Work doesn't allow me to wear the neck gaiters I prefer, but I don't know if I'd want to wear one of those for a full work day either. I've mainly been using disposables or some John Deere cloth masks that Shelby made.

Some things I've noticed.

1) It's like I don't even have a beard anymore. 

2) I must spit more than I think when I talk.

3) Or maybe it's allergy snot.

4) Or it could be normal moisture.

5) But by the end of the day my mask is damp on the inside.

6) And I don't like it.

7) When I eventually do take my mask off, my face feels cold!

I never bought a fancy mask, because I never planned on wearing one this much. I figured I'd stay at home or get a vaccine shot. 

I, uh, tried to 'upgrade' my mask one day. It didn't have a nose strip and it kept sliding down and I figured a paperclip could help.


I'm not trying to typecast myself as a redneck, but I totally jammed a paper clip into my John Deere mask to help keep it up while I talk.


I'm glad I've gone this long without buying a mask, but maybe it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment