Monday, March 29, 2021

He Still Likes Them

In case you were wondering if Shane still likes ants, he does.

I came in from the barn one morning and Shane came running over to tell me he caught a future queen on her "nuptial flight."

He wanted me to take a picture, so I did.


We used the insect finder app to look it up real quick, too.

Shane was tempted to keep it, but I told him she'd die if he kept her in the house. Normally, the words would go in one ear and out the next as Shane kept his own excited stream of thoughts flowing. 

This time, he paused and thought about it for a moment before starting up. He let the ant go a little bit later to give her a chance. 

I was proud of him. I ruffled his hair to let him know before I had to move off to office hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment