Friday, March 26, 2021

The Post That Wasn't

Sometimes I draft posts in my head. It's less about writing a post and more about organizing my thoughts into a coherent pattern.

Usually, I come up with at least a seed of something I'd like to post....but then I don't. The timing is wrong. I'm busy, tired, and/or distracted and since I don't write the ideas down, POOF! They're gone. It doesn't matter if it was a few (I thought) well worded sentences or a whole essay. 

These have been busy times for me. I spend almost all my time and energy on things that are necessities. I used to write tons of lists to organize my thoughts and be proactive. Lately, I just jump from need to need. Posting isn't a need, so even with taking Sundays off I keep getting behind. I'm writing this post on (4/5) during my Spring Break to catch up. 

And yet, it's not the furthest I've been behind this school year. Despite being so busy, things have been in a decent rhythm. I work all day, but God has kept me from burning out. I've learned ways to be more efficient for my efforts. Carrie feels supported in her struggles, Shane doesn't feel totally ignored, the barn's clean, the house stands, the pets are alive, and work is going well for what it is.

God is good.

1 comment:

  1. Pop and I are so proud of you! You are a very strong, Godly man, able to do more than most and do it gladly. We are so thankful for you!
    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete