Friday, May 21, 2021

I'm Riding Again

Fussing over horses is a normal sight here. 


What made it abnormal was that the ladies were fussing over getting Eowyn ready for me.


Barbara was the one behind the lens, too! 

Friday, I started my career as a part time 'exercise rider' for Eowyn. Largely, I sit there and act as a weight for her to haul around.


Carrie hops on Lilly and we ride around the bridle path.....right after Lilly shakes and makes a great face during our photo op.


Which I zoomed in on and made the right size for a phone background. "You're welcome!"


I rode Eowyn three days in a row: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'm still a complete novice with hands and heels too high for Carrie's liking, but I'll get better with practice.

I wouldn't mind trying my hand at mounted archery one day, and mounted photography was the first step.


Carrie didn't realize Eowyn and I were filming when she and Lilly cleared the jump, but she was thrilled at the footage!


Carrie's become enamored with Lilly. Lilly does whatever Carrie asks and keeps impressing her. Then with Eowyn's early onset arthritis, Eowyn is on course to become the husband horse. I just have to keep her from trying to eat everything green we walk by (She's eternally hungry!).

Walking around isn't too taxing, but I'm hoping the rides will be a good workout for everyone, horses and humans. Carrie's dream is to have the whole family on horseback eventually. Maybe when Eowyn's in better shape I'll finally learn how to post, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment