Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Looks Beautiful! We're Moving In!

Birds flew through over Winter. Some have stuck around with Spring. Carrie swears the bluebirds who claimed her truck are the same ones who loved it last year.

Still, I felt like I've seen more birds around the house this year than last. I figured out why, too. 


Someone made our home their home. Specifically, the wreath on the garage door. 


Makes it pretty obvious why I kept noticing birds every time I went in and out of the garage! I don't think it took me more than a week to register.

The little blue eggs keep the birds coming back.


The garage door is now restricted use only. Shane wants to see the baby birds when they're born.

And Shane may have two opportunities to see baby birds. ANOTHER pair of birds decided to make the wreath on the barn door their home!


Carrie noticed this nest first. I was about to go through the door when I noticed she'd written on the window (Good luck reading it with the reflection!).


My guess is the nests are bluebirds. They could be house finches or another breed. I plan on having Shane research it at some point! I plan on getting pictures of the birds when they hatch, but that may be a couple weeks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment