Saturday, May 29, 2021

Last Handoff of the School Year

Sunday, May 30th we met up with Nana and Pop to hand off Shane for the final time this school year. There were lots of hugs and non-socially distanced greetings!


Pop thought I'd appreciate his latest garage sale t-shirt. He was right!


Shockingly, Nana said she thought my hair looked better! Was it reverse psychology or did she mean it? Carrie had used a #2 to clean my sides up, but I was expecting an increased bribe for a haircut rather than a compliment!

While Shane hasn't exploded in height this year, Nana swears he's grown in other ways. She bought him a pair of sandals at a garage sale that could work for her!


We measure and mark Shane's height off on his door frame, so I made a mental note to add a tick when we got home (Note: I was going to link to a post/picture from the tick marks from our house in the city, but I couldn't find it! Maybe I never made a post on it?).


I took one last picture of the SC crew with Shane before we said goodbye.


Though I really took a lot more than one. Shane has trouble making a genuine smile on command and Pop likes to tickle him to help out...

Carrie and I listed to some of the Murderbot Diaries on the way down, but we listened to Jeremy Thatcher: Dragon Hatcher on the ride back with Shane.

No comments:

Post a Comment