Saturday, May 1, 2021

Kidding Around

Shane came home on cloud 9 from cousin central. We brought him back down to reality easy by making him clean his room.


Okay, so maybe that wasn't the most fun thing to do, but it was necessary! It was a pigsty the whole time he was gone.

I took Shane on a mini-adventure to the farmer's market Saturday. I tried vegetable pakora and Shane ate a homemade donut. Plus, we came home with a plant.


I'd planned on the food, but not the plant. However, the woman at the stall talked to (and listened) to Shane for so long I felt I owed her something out of gratitude. She told Shane how he could propagate the plant and he's got big plans.


That was our main outing Saturday. Pretty sedate after water parks and wrestling, right? What Shane really wanted was to see some kids. So Carrie and I took him to see some.


They were 2 days old.


When Carrie boarded her horses at Rebecca's we always drove by a creamery. I'd been curious for years.


I mentioned it to Carrie and then the creamery posted hours on Facebook. 


We rolled up and the owner gave us a full tour!


Shane got to get his fingers nibbled on by 2 day old goats and 3 month old goats. Apparently, goats only have teeth on the bottom of their jaw?


"Would you like to go in?" the owner asked. 

Oh boy, did he!


There were sheep, too! It was a veritable science lesson. 


I gave a preemptive, "No goats. No sheep."


I mainly hung back and let Carrie and Shane (mostly Shane) do all the talking while I took pictures.


One kid who wasn't getting any love noticed I had free hands.


And ran over to introduce herself.


If I didn't think I'd be the one who'd end up taking care of them, I'd be okay with having a goat or two. As is, I don't want more work!


Carrie saw my little buddy and took a quick picture.


It was a shorter visit than all the photos would suggest. We probably played around for 40 minutes. Shane went back in to see the baby-babies while Carrie went to buy some cheese.


Goat cheese isn't my favorite, but we wanted to buy something out of gratitude for the adventure. Carrie grabbed several flavors and planned to give her parents some.


While Carrie shopped, Shane laughed at kids jumping onto chairs.


Still, no goats.


It was a larger adventure than the farmer's market, but still a far cry from cousin-a-palooza. The creamery was clearly someone's home that had grown into a side business.


And it was on the way into town for us to complete some errands. We bought horse feed and stopped by a repair shop to pick up Grandma's busted laptop....but that's a different story.


It was a fairly quiet weekend. It wasn't necessarily intended to 'quarantine' Shane after he'd travelled, but I'm going to call it that if I bump into anyone paranoid!

1 comment:

  1. Being around those baby goats must have been like heaven to Shane! I would have loved that,too!
    Baby goats are so sweet. My friend bought some that became big male goats that spit and smell terrible. If you ever get goats, make sure they are only females. We loved seeing the pictures of this wonderful family adventure! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete