Friday, May 28, 2021

Is it Summer yet?

I'm at that point. Wednesday, I came home from work and did next to nothing.

Next to nothing productive at least.

I get this way around the end of every school year. I've spent my energy. I'm running on fumes. It's happening a little earlier this school year with everything else that's gone on, but the end is in sight.

But there's still stuff to do and the fumes have to push me through it! I rushed out and did a quick job on chores after lazing about. Other than that, I ate way too much and laid on the couch. I had time to catch up on the blog, my grades, the laundry, or something. Instead, I watched random videos, read, and talked to Carrie. When she fell asleep on the couch I went back to videos and my book.

The SOL for my students is next Tuesday. I've covered all the material for it and done what I can to get them ready. They have the tools if they choose to use them. I think the year went well for what it is, but now I'm out of steam.

And there's still going to be 2.5 weeks of school that I have to find something to fill with. 

The holiday weekend will help. Summer will help more. I feel like my body is giving me signs that it's ready for me to rest. 

Shane will come home Sunday from his last trip to Nana and Pop's for the school year. It's been a huge help being able to send him south. We've got some fun summer plans for him including beach week and going to camp! I'd like to go to Busch Gardens and visit John in NOVA. I'm even considering driving further north to NJ to see Bill. 

But summer has to get here first! There's my senior who's failing. I worked with him for ~3 hours on Friday to raise his grade from a 48% to a 55%. One more session like that and he can earn his pass, but I'm not handing out freebies. I'll attend graduation next Friday...which reminds me I need to see if I still have a cap and gown. Stuff to do, stuff to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment