Monday, January 16, 2023

Boys night and Decades arcade (Q4!)

Today was MLKJ Day. Carrie started with cleaning inside. 


Shane and I did chores outside. 


PS - I hate hay. It gets into everything. My screen protector has long suffered all sorts of indignity. One of the corners is loose and bits of hay keep sliding underneath somehow.


It was shaping up to a fun day after the work. We went into town for a small treat.


I got to be social in the afternoon. I met up with Mark and Scott at Alamo for half-price appetizers for happy hour.


The plan was to go to a trivia night at a local brewery. I got there with Scott and Mark. One of Scott's old friends arrived with one of her friends to give us a team of five. 

Meanwhile, Carrie took Shane to meet the youth group at Decade's Arcade. I signed Shane up a while back and made sure she was okay with taking him before I did my social thing. Carrie was supposed to drop Shane off and then I was going to pick him up. However, she didn't feel comfortable leaving him. There were a lot of people and she started to get anxious, so I called an audible. I was just down the street and since we were a team of five I scooted over to Decades. I wasn't feeling the trivia, so I was half-glad, half-sad for the excuse to bow out.

I ended up trying a DDR knockoff with Carrie.


I beat Carrie once, though!


Shane didn't even notice I was there at first.


Which was the way I wanted it. I got to spend some time goofing off with my woman instead!


After I toured the place, Carrie and I started a pinball competition.


Shane noticed us by then and wanted to jump in! We ended the night taking turns on the machine.

Shane rode home with me instead of Carrie, because I have audiobooks. I made him tell me about what he did before I'd hit play, though! He talked about how much he wanted to go back to Decades again. It was a big success!

It was a busy day off, but it was the fun kind of busy. Tuesday, it'd be back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment