Saturday, January 14, 2023

Cooold! (Q4!)

I'll be honest, I don't remember exactly why I posted this pictures. I mean, I assume they were near the date of this post. The title and Shane's coat seem to indicate it was a cold day!


PG was dressed up warm, too, so I guess that's what I'll be writing about. It was cold. Coldy, cold, cold, cold.


But this picture confuses me. I thought Shane learned he wasn't supposed to wear his chaps with the zipper on the inside way back in December. If it's here now, my internal timeline must be off. I'd check my phone's camera roll, but I have a new phone. I'd have to look through storage and that would take too long.


I do remember what happened. Shane put the chaps on incorrectly. He and I both recognized it at the house. I told him he should fix them, but he said, "Nah." I suggested he'd look foolish for not taking the time to fix the oops, but let him make the call. 

PG pointed it out immediately. It turned out she didn't want his zippers scratching up her saddles! Shane and I made eye contact, but I didn't say anything. He hasn't made the mistake again since (which is the proper use of a mistake - learn from it!).


It was a pretty day, but pictures don't convey temperature well.


I retreated into my cold weather gear as best as I could, but the wind sought to cut right through.


It blew hard and had a bite!


Which is another reason I'm glad we had the lesson. Kids need to accumulate times they walk to school uphill both ways, so they won't quit at the drop of a hat when they're older. Toughness is taught.


But I totally understood Shane's urge to bury himself under blankets and cats when he got home! Warm is better than freezing when it comes to weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment