Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Youth Group (Q4!)

After three weeks off, Shane went back to youth group today. I'd hoped Carrie would take him while I was coaching, but it seemed like something came up or she was too tired each time. 

Shane will complain about having less time to play video games or call someone, but he needs to be social. I let him skip his 30 minutes of Japanese as an extra bribe, because "I think Youth Group is that important." 

Whatever resistant I get about going ends when we get in the car. Shane wants to listen to whatever our current audiobook is. Sometimes I make him wait, because I want to talk. You'd think that this would meet with Shane's approval. He has no inner monologue. If I sit down with a book, he'll sit down next to me with a toy or book and start talking about what he's doing. If I try to write, he's looking over my shoulder or fighting with the dogs under my feet. The kid can't stand to go without attention and talking! 

But the moment I try to have a conversation with him about his day? It's all short replies and "Can we start the book now?"

No pictures today. I'm sure I stayed in the car and either napped or caught up on my Spanish Bible practice. There's another meet next Wednesday, but after that Shane will be a regular attendee at the Wednesday night gatherings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment