Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Car Alignment and Another Meet!? (Q4!)

Somehow, Wednesday stay full. I drove in to town early to drop the Subaru off to get the wheel's aligned. 


There was a courtesy shuttle that took me to work and picked me up at the end of the day. I drove over to Wegmans to pick up soda for Carrie and dinner for myself.


I was irrationally happy to eat my sandwich. It was a Danny's Favorite. I remember being emotionally moved, no exaggeration. I'd intended to buy a medium, but accidentally said large. 


"This is my reward. I earned buying this by not going home and going to a wrestling match instead."

I could have gone home right then, but I would've felt guilty splurging to eat out. Subs at Wegmans were such a fantastic deal a couple years ago, but prices have gone everywhere since.

I drove out to Fluvanna High School for our wrestling meet of the night.


The Flucos had enough kids to have two teams. The old Coach (Mike) retired. I don't know if he's still active duty on the police force in Charlottesville, but he left a lively program. Fluvanna has the 8th grade at the high school. Academically and socially, I wouldn't want 8th graders picking up high school habits yet, but that probably makes it much easier on sports teams to recruit JV players!


Ironically, my big win of the night was academic instead of athletic. One of my CS2 students helped one of my CS1 students turn in some work on the sidelines! Ha!

The Wednesday blitzes will take a week off next week. The Wednesday after that will be districts, though. The Semester and the Season are both wrapping up!

No comments:

Post a Comment