Saturday, January 21, 2023

Weekend Tourney (Q4!)

It was a tournament weekend, but we only had five wrestlers show up. Mohammed had texted me. His brother was supposed to give him a ride, but the car had broken down. He was excused. The rest of the no shows? Not so much.


It's been a good season, but things are starting to deflate at the end. Maybe if we had more early victories, but w's are earned and not given. Oversleeping is the kind of thing my coach would have railroaded my a** for..., but he had spares. We don't have enough kids for a full lineup, so unless someone is toxic we need them in the room. It's a different place to be.

I left Shane at home this time and made it before the morning coach's meeting. 


I skipped breakfast with the intent to eat breakfast and lunch in the hospitality room! I snuck food out to Disha, our manager, in between matches.


The kids we had wrestled hard. One even got to puke! 

Next week is regionals. I love coaching, but I'm ready to catch my breath. We have a number of seniors, but there are enough underclassmen to be a seed if they come back. It's be nice to keep the progress going so that we'll be competitive again after COVID killed the team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment