Tuesday, April 4, 2023

The Hand Off - Spring Break 2023 (Summer)

Shane got to see both pairs of grandparents this weekend! Saturday, was Carrie's side. Sunday, was mine.


Shane and I drove down to the NC for a handoff. 


Nana wanted to meet at the Greensboro's Science Center. They'd paid for a zoo membership in SC that enabled them discounts at all sorts of places.


She'd hoped to get in free, but it turned out to be a discount instead.


We've been here multiple times over the years. It's funny that's nowhere near anyone we know but has so many memories attributed to it.


Nana and Pop stayed masked up and careful while Shane was all over everything


The way God provided a kidney for Pop and guided his recovery has been miraculous


I've said it many a time - Family is a big deal. They're the first people God introduces you to.


A healthy family is a tremendous head start in life. I'm grateful for the family I was blessed with and grateful that Shane gets to experience being part of a large loving family, as well.


He had a ton of fun at the Science Museum, but he was raring to head further south to cousin-land!


I happy that Shane is so much more people than thing focused (Though it does make it hard to keep up with him at times!).


Shane will spend Spring Break in South Carolina with other people wearing him out for me. It's a vacation for him and for us. Huzzah!


Speaking of us, I noticed the penguins had the same feed pan we dish out grub to the horses. I immediately sent Carrie a picture!


Then I started making Spy X Spy references to Shane.


It was a later, post-church meetup. The timestamp on the greetings was a little after 3 PM. The Science Museum closed, we said our fond farewells, and I headed back north (with a quick stop for caffeine and gas on the way).


I got back home to Carrie doing....something!? We'll call it phone technical support! I don't care if she hates the picture, because I think it's hilarious.

Spring Break was underway. Hallelujah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment