Friday, April 21, 2023

Humorous Filler (Summer)

I ended up collapsing so many posts together I had a spot to fill. I've done meme posts before about the texts we trade back and forth. I have plenty of examples, so I decided to do it again!

Carrie always appreciates trivia on shows she likes. We're watching Star Trek: Strange New Worlds together and I didn't realize the XO was also Mystique from the 90s X-Men! Since Carrie told me, I sent her these meme immediately upon spotting.


Carrie's memory for movie costumes, sets, trivia, and music is phenomenal. She sent me this while she was at Dover...


...and then followed up with this. I would have had no idea what was going on otherwise (I wonder if she feels happy she's so unique or sad that I just can't keep up!)


I get a lot of cat pictures from Carrie, too.


Usually when some feline is sleeping on her.


Occasionally, the texts are educational.


Carrie discovered a beautiful weed blooming that's apparently poisonous and has to go!


But most of what we send back and forth is just goofy. Car loves Star Trek references.


We both like construction fails.


I love puns far more than Carrie, but she's game to send as well as receive them!


I love a good play on words. 


Or just out of the box thinking.


As is playing with perspective.


I'm the most likely to send comics (Shane's the most likely to read them out loud).



Most of the stuff we send is kid friendly. Some pushes the boundaries a little more.


And sometimes we tease each other a little. Carrie may send me a picture smiling in a new dress, but I'm not posting anything like that here (even as tame as it is by internet standards)!


I have to purge my goofy pictures folder every now and then, because there are so, so many. Often, we'll send each other something for the other to reply, "I was going to send that to you!" Senses of humor start to overlap after over a decade of being happily married!

No comments:

Post a Comment