Thursday, February 20, 2020

Can't Do It Halfway

Thursday, there was a staff meeting at 8 AM. I put Shane on the bus and planned to head out immediately, but the garage door had other plans.

I opened the door halfway and it started to resist.

I had two choices:

1) Stop whatever I was doing before I made it worse. I'd be late to the meeting, but hopefully avert a larger problem (no guarantee).

2) I could press on and get the door open. I'd be able to make it to work on time, but risked a bigger problem with a bigger mess to clean up.

I opted for #2. I wedged a crutch to keep the door up, so I could back out.


I almost didn't tell Carrie. I would have to do it after work, but I wasn't sure I wanted her to stress about it while I was gone. I erred on the honest side and I think she forgot about it and got on with her day!

I made it a little late to the meeting. A bunch of people sauntered in long after me, so maybe I should have stuck with Option #1. The first part was a pep talk I didn't feel I needed.

ADHD skills picked up a funny tab on the principal's internet browser. Apparently, it's the county purchasing system, but "BuySpeed Online?" That sounds illegal! Ha!


Carrie and I took a quick look at the garage door when I got home. We unhooked the cords and left it down, so that Carrie would feel safer not advertising if I wasn't around. One of these days I'll read the manual and have a go at it.


For now, I'm just going to park outside. I haven't had to scrape any windows this winter yet, so maybe I'm due.

No comments:

Post a Comment