Sunday, February 2, 2020

Sam's Bday

Yesterday, NOVA. Today, Sam's bday party at Jump!

Our first stop, though, was to get a present. 


I had a plan, but there wasn't time to enact it during the week! Thankfully, the End Games was right on the way.


We made it a little early and Shane opted to listen a little more to our audiobook before going in. Then, it was game time!


I took a picture of Shane about to go off a diving board into the foam pit (that was new!).


He played and I made the ill-informed decision to go by Lowe's. They didn't have the style of anything Carrie wanted, so all I did was kill some time and avoid bringing Shane to Lowe's after Jump.


The kids were all playing dodgeball when I got back.


Shane's got some practice in after school.


He doesn't have the throwing arm, but he likes to dodge and Jump adds the trampolines in for extra fun!


Sam and Iggy were on the other team.


Shane really enjoyed seeing all the old Jackson Via kids at the party. That's Zakir from afterschool in the California shirt. I don't know why the kids started to talk about the atomic bomb, but Shane tried to turn it into a conversation about atomic farts (his humor is rather one note).


The kids all jabbered happily until cake time.


Happy birthday, Sam!


It would have been great if the candles thawed the Ben and Jerry's ice cream cake quicker. Sam's dad, Paul, followed the directions and the directions were wrong! He had to saw at the not-so-defrosted cake.


Shane tried the ice cream cake and the gluten free chocolate cake (I followed suit later!).


The blonde kid on Shane's right is Levi. He was in Shane's class at Jackson Via and "the best behaved kid in the school" according to Shane! (I still remember Shane saying that!).


I tried to talk to the adults some while the kids joked away. I need to decide what to do about spring sports for Shane. I want to sign him up for something in Scottsville for a short drive, but if there isn't something here I may try to get him on a soccer team with Jackson Via kids instead.


The kids were ready for presents after cake. I had to tell Shane not to reach in to discover or show Sam anything!


Somehow a new game evolved.


The floor is lava! Truly, a classic. Shane was calling out and all of the kids got into it.


I think it was Annika who was the first rules lawyer. "My feet aren't touching the floor. My shoes are so I'm safe!" she said.


"The floor and shoes are now lava!" was Shane's rebuttal!

I got a great picture of Sam reacting to opening our gift!


"Now we both have Pokemon!" Shane said.


Humorous side-note: I know one of the other parents likes board games. They got Sam Forbidden Sky! Shane and I played it at the beach.

The kids didn't get to go on the ninja warrior course, but they spent the end of the party hanging out in the arcade (TMNT may have got turned off a couple of times on accident).

It was a great weekend. Lots of fun and socializing! I want to keep up these relationships as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment