Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Pickin'

I did a thing. 

One of my students happens to be a fellow ginger. A lot of teachers find him to be a handful. He likes to pick and I think he was very surprised to find I'm "naturally playful."

It was a cold morning, so I decided to wear a hoodie when inspiration struck. This student normally wears a blue hoodie and a hat. I grabbed a hat, made a sign, and then when class started.....


My co-teacher took a picture of us. I concede that he's the tall one.

NOTE: I like to poke and joke, but it's got to be done with love and care. For example, if a student always wears the same clothes because they don't have alternatives? This could have been a terrible joke to make. In this case, I felt had a pretty good read of how the student would react. I could have been wrong, but it went well! There's a risk, but showing students you care to know who they are and interact individually is good for everyone involved.

1 comment: