Saturday, July 31, 2021

Riding South

Saturday morning was packed! After he helped with chores, Shane got ready for a riding lesson.

I wish we'd do more of those. I think it's good to have activities. Ann came by at 9 AM and Shane rode around for a little over half an hour.

I don't know how much trotting Shane worked on at Triple R, but he looked better when he didn't slouch. 

Carrie hopped on Lilly while they rode. Horses and family getting exercise? Together? Score!

Which left me to scoop poop (It counted as exercise, at least!).

Everyone finished up before 10 AM.

Which gave us just enough time to pack up and drive over to Dr. Ho's Humble Pie and meet up with Nana and Pop. They were returning from a week of babysitting Aiden and Graham in NOVA and going through grandchild withdrawal. Shane jumped in the car with them to cure them of their ails as they headed south.

But not before Pop did a little teasing...

And not before Nana took a family picture.


Shane will spend the next week (or two?) adventuring in SC and partying with family. I have some training to do at the start of the week, but I'm sure Carrie and I will find some fun things to do ourselves while he's gone. 

It's hard to believe that summer is almost over. I only have two more weeks before I report back to work. I wish I had more, but it's better to focus on enjoying the time I have than wishing for the time I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment