Friday, July 16, 2021

The Princess Bride, Take Two!

The Princess Bride is a great book. It's just fun.


I wanted to play a family board game and brought out The Princess Bride game I bought a while back. Shane made a snide comment about not wanting to play a game with "Princess" in the title, so I had to correct him. 

"That was an awesome book," I said. "I enjoyed reading it with you."

"What?" Shane said.

He swore he didn't remember. I started quoting the book, the movie, but Shane just keep shaking his head.

"We bought a big version of it," I said. "There were pictures! We read it with you before watching the movie!"

Shane swore he didn't remember it. I even brought up an old app he played (bonking the screaming eels to save Buttercup), but he kept saying it meant nothing to him.

So of course, I got out the book! I thought it was in his room, but found it in mine.


And we started reading. Carrie took the first shift. The intro was too long for Shane's attention span, so I skipped to Ch.1 the next day when it was my turn (Totally in the spirit of the book!).

Random: I was surprised to see I took a picture of the same pages for this post and nearly 3.5 years ago.

I fully expect Shane to enjoy the movie all over again. I looked at it's streaming on Disney+. I don't know if we'll read the whole book before watching, or if we'll at least push through the kidnapping. 

UPDATE: Carrie was trailering Maya for an appointment on Friday. I sent her a text to let her know "We were on the Cliffs of Insanity." Shane's enjoying the story and we're making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment