Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Marvel Shows! (The Backlog!)

 If you get the joke, you'll know what my post is going to be about (Or maybe you read the title...).

Carrie's a big fan of the MCU and she's seen almost all of it. We've been watching She-Hulk as it comes out each week.

I asked her, "What's your favorite Marvel show?"

Then I head to further specify: On Disney+, not a movie.

It was still hard for her to pick between Moon Knight and WandaVision as a favorite, so I asked her to rate things by tier.

Honorable Mentions: Werewolf by Night impressed her, but it was a one-off. She loved the Groot shorts, as well, but they're short (~2 or 3 mins each?). 

Note: Ms. Marvel might be promoted to a B+ if we ever get around to watching Episode 6. We enjoyed the first 5, but haven't finished the series. There's this looming, "But will they screw it all up with some standard comic twists?" when we were fine with how things were.

My list looks similar to Carrie's. WandaVision is my clear number 1, but Moon Knight and Hawkeye aren't far behind (one's a good origin story even if wildly different than the comics and the other is rewatchable fun). 

Loki will depend on Season 2. He's not my favorite character, but I liked the mystery of it. The season ender left everything unresolved, so how the next season goes could promote (or demote) it. 

What If would be demoted to C-tier. There were some good episodes, but I never finished it (and Carrie won't watch the finale with me, so it remains unseen). 

She Hulk would probably rank in at the B-tier. There were a few great episodes and the ending is comic book accurate (despite what any internet idiots say), but I felt like it had the potential to be better (more with the rival Titania, odd law cases, etc).

It would've been a lot more work to fill in the non-Disney series. Carrie's watched Agents of Shield and Agent Carter. I haven't, but I've watched almost all the Netflix series whereas she's only seen Daredevil Season 1, I think.

When I asked Carrie what her favorite MCU Movies were, she answered "Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy," and then it got difficult. She got philosophical and asked, "What counts as an MCU movie?" Could she pick any of the Spider-mans or even Into the Spiderverse? And then what about the Infinity War + End Game combo?" She definitely likes the movies that mix the humor with the action, because she finds them easier to re-watch than something like Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Which has a great, comic book spy feel to it).

So far, Carrie has found excuses NOT to watch Multiverse of Madness. She claims she already knows most of what happens from internet spoilers. Other than Black Panther 2, that's the only MCU movie she has not seen. She watched Eternals without me and said, "You don't need to," so I haven't seen that one in addition to those.

No comments:

Post a Comment