Saturday, October 15, 2022

Yet Another Game Day (The Backlog!)

 Shane had Coach tie his scarf like a bandana. 


It was to stay warm and unlock his warrior spirit!


The only player I haven't named yet on the team is Emma. She's the blonde in the black socks. She's more timid and player who's happy to pass the ball and support the team. It was either during this game or the next, that the other players on the "Yes Sir's!" decided to work to get Emma to score a goal. They'd pass up on their own opportunities to assist her. 


I think this is the game where Jet also decided he liked to try long distance goal shots. At some point, he scored from past midfield! Coach started off saying, "No, don't.." and then shrugged and said, "It worked! Great job, Jet!"

I was excited, because Luetybells was finally open! 


They advertised burritos and tacos way back in the Spring as a pop-up kitchen. They'd gotten some sort of grant from the town to open up, but never did. I love burritos and tacos and Scottsville has been lacking. Amy and Laura were able to go once when they were housesitting for us. Amy said they were delicious and I've wanted to go since!

It was a little bit of a downer, though. First, it took a really long time to make. Then, Carrie ordered street corn and was upset when it was corn on the cob. She can't eat corn that way and sat unhappy in the other room when we got home. My burrito was decent and Shane liked his tacos, but it was a bit pricey for what it was (and a gloomy Carrie in the other room). 

Still, I wish them success. We won't be regulars, but I like having more options in town. They're a new operation and should improve with time. Burritos are too packed with calories for Carrie, but I may drop by again if she's out of town and I have a craving (I normally work my way through the freezer and leftovers to keep costs down, but sometimes a hankering hits!).

No comments:

Post a Comment