Wednesday, October 5, 2022

More Youth Group Stuff

 Speaking of "shorter posts," Shane won a game at Youth Group tonight.


I could hear him all the way down the hill. I looked up and caught some of the fun on camera!

I've thought strongly about volunteering with the group. It'd be nice to be up there and see more of this up close! That said, Shane needs time to develop his independence and learn how to act and interact when I'm not there to enforce boundaries. I can't remember if I posted about the time a Group Leader came out a few weeks in to ask, "How can we positively redirect Shane when he's off-task/wild?" 

They only came out once and I got that nice email, so I assume/pray he's gotten better. 

For now, I use my time in the car to rest and catch up with my Spanish Bible practice, so it's not unrelated to church. I can be a little burned out on kids after teaching all day! I can always volunteer later on if I feel the situation changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment