Saturday, October 8, 2022

Busy Weekend (The Backlog!)

 "What does it mean to keep the goal? For why am I assigned this purpose?"


Punt.

Shane's favorite pre-game warmup involves his team taking shots on him. His goal is to grab their ball, punt it, and sending them running after.


The weather is shifting more towards fall. I normally sit on the grass, but I broke out something new today.


I was the only one sitting on the ground, but at least my butt wasn't wet! I normally keep a tally of the score while Shane plays. Sometimes I'll make a to-do list or jot down an idea, but my main focus is on the game! I haven't been taking as many photos, but I did find a few shots that included another player I haven't named.

Lilly is "mainly a defender who can kick like Jet when she hits it right!" according to Shane. Lilly, Lina, and Ella seemed to be a close group of friends. She's the one in the red socks.


It was an easy win for the "Yes Sirs!" Coach had the team passing and working on positioning to avoid running the score up.

I *think* this was the game that Shane 'let' a goal get through near the end "to help them feel better." I like that he's got a kind heart, but I told him I'd rather see him play honestly while being respectful and encouraging before, during, and after the game.

We met up with Mom afterwards and went on a family trip.


No, we're not getting another cat. Shane treats cats like Pokemon. He's gotta pet them all.


We are getting a new horse. No, not that one.


The baby.


His name is Beaudin or Beau for short. That farm's naming convention dictated Carrie had to pick a 'B' name (the next baby born would be a 'C' name, followed by a 'D', etc).

The big shaggy guy behind Carrie is the father, Blitzen (I think). He's the only stallion I've seen that helps babysit foals.


While Carrie was grieving Kitsune, Ellie recommended she talk to Margaret. Margaret was a fjord breeder who'd been there, done that, and was a willing ear.


Well, Carrie and Margaret hit it off. 


And Carrie fell in love with Margaret's herd. 



And Josefine was pregnant.

So, Beau (red halter).


Beau was born July 12.


Carrie wanted him to be a surprise to her mom and forbade me from posting anything anywhere online.


It was a hard surprise for Carrie to keep, because her mom kept sending her pictures of baby horses for sale (over and over...).


I wasn't sure another baby was the cure for grieving Kitsune, but it has helped. Carrie's not been stressed about Beau at all, because he's having an "idyllic childhood" with his fellow fjords. He won't come home until he's 6 months old right before the year ends.

Shane already knew about Beau before this trip. He was more interested in the cat!


But, he did say hi to the fjords, too (Gotta pet them all!). He wanted to go into the field like Mom, but she wouldn't let him.


Beau's name is part a play on Odin and part an homage to a horse that spent it's life with Gay. Carrie revealed Beau to Gay and Grandma during the Culpeper Farm tour. "See this farm? Isn't it lovely? I named this one Beau. Surprise!"

Shane and I weren't on that farm tour. It was a ladies' event only. Shane and I went back to the car while Carrie was chatting horses with someone to get out of the wind. We played some Connect 4 and he legitimately beat me once! I used to always let him go first, but now that he can beat me sometimes the new rule last round's loser gets first drop.


We went to Yoder's for lunch and dessert (of course), but we still had one big errand for the day: Bucket.


Grandma and Grandpa were going out of town again. We met up in Zions Crossroads to pick up their cat. 

I didn't expect a tree as a bonus.


That's the last you'll see of that tree, though. Grandma gave it to me as a gardening project, but I don't like gardening. If I had an overabundance of spare time, I would've felt guilted into planting it, but since I hadn't been able to find the time to write which I do like.....Sorry, tree. 

But back to happier notes about seeing family!


Yay, family! They're not plants!


Shane hammed it up, we talked for a little, and made our way back home. It was a full Saturday.


Sunday morning was foggy.


Our neighbor's disappeared into the haze.


Laura and Amy did morning chores. I'm trying to acclimate Kila to them. This was some of the closest she's been. It should help that Loki loves them.


Carrie left early to go riding while Shane and I went to church/StudentLife. We got back together as a family to eat at the Dairy Market. 

There weren't any play dates, but we stayed busy and Shane called some cousins. Shane might have had a lesson with Sunny, too. My memory is foggy on the routine, but I remembered the events around the photos well enough while writing!

1 comment:

  1. Brigg's son is named Beau, too! I looked at this link to learn more about that breed of horses:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etL_RtuOzxA
    I think it will be fun having a couple of baby horses. And educational.

    ReplyDelete