Saturday, April 18, 2020

COVID 19 - The Coronavirus: Elves?

Random thought:

Is this how elves feel?

There's been a lack of urgency in my daily life with the days feeling much the same. It's not that I don't want to accomplish things, but without pressing deadlines, structure, and leaving the house it's easy to put things off.

Elves get pretty old. It's felt like time has sped up in general as I've got older. Has it really been over a month?

In literature, Elves often seem like they don't get excited about things, because they've been there and done that. "...There's nothing new under the sun." (Eccl. 1:9). I'm not saying I'm totally world-weary, but most of Shane's cartoons seem much the same as another these days!

If I was going to press a Tolkien metaphor I could compare the sea-longing to people wanting to end self-isolating....

No comments:

Post a Comment