Saturday, April 25, 2020

COVID 19 - The Coronavirus: Keeping it Silly

Loki likes to try and eat my hat. Carrie encourages it.

It looks very odd when you're in the hat.

I put my hat on Shane and let him see what it's like.


The pictures don't convey the smell. 


Or the squeals and laughter!

I've tried some different games and activities with Shane (lacrosse, archery, Final Fantasy II, Pokemon TCG...), but there's only been one thing that he consistently asks for: Minecraft.

And after he asks for Minecraft, Shane asks "Want to come into my world?"

The answer is normally no. I tell Shane it's fine that he likes Minecraft. I don't. The last time I was in his world, he put me on survival mode so that I could die repeatedly while he was in creator mode (aka - "All powerful"). I played the soon-to-expire-guinea pig in his experiments and called it quits for a bit.

Shane really wanted to show me his house he built. He shows me stuff all the time (and narrates it a room away.....sometimes even when I'm in the bathroom. I'll come back and he'll still be talking).

I finally agreed to join Shane in Minecraft again and he let me be in creator mode this time.

So I built an outhouse.


A royal outhouse.

Shane added all the torches.

Shane was happily chatting about everything he was doing, so I started to make a boat. I don't know why I chose a boat, but I guess it had to do with there being water.


Shane would occasionally fly over to my boat and throw people on it. He really wanted me to go over to where he was, though.

Shane made a mini restaurant and hotel. He gave me money and then made me crouch on a chair and order food he could serve.


I played nice for a long time and, no, I didn't break anything on purpose (which is not the same as saying I didn't break anything...).

We have the educational edition, but I imagine we'll get the full version at some point. I was thinking about giving it to Shane as a 'graduation' present when he's done with 3rd grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment